January 28, 2009

A Little Ice Won't Stop Me...

As most of you know, Oklahoma encountered a minor winter storm a couple of days ago. I'm a scaredy kat when it comes to driving in ANY type of weather, so I decided to hibernate at my sister's for a few days until the roads were clear.

Today seemed better, so I thought I would make a quick trip to the store and Starbucks. I went outside to "dethaw" my car, as it is one large chunk of ice. With de-icer in hand and bundled in layers of winter gear, I braved the cold. My door was frozen shut, including the handle...nice. Finally after I pryed the door open, I started my car to begin the defrosting process. Only one problem...I CANNOT find my scraper! Ahhh! My mom and I just had a discussion about this and I assured her I owned a scraper. (I mean who doesn't own a scraper?) I seriously do, it has a purple handle. I just cannot locate it at the moment. Why do mom's ALWAYS have to be right?? (On a positive note, I found an earring I have been missing for months!) *grin*

So after realizing it will take hours to melt away the inches of ice accumulated on my car, I decided to walk to the store and Starbucks (it is just around the corner anyway). That makes day number two of walking to Starbucks. I think an addiction is forming...

No comments: