January 6, 2009

well hello 2009...

I know I am few days late in "bloggerville" writing my goals, hopes, and expectations for 2009 and reflecting on the past twelve months. That's probably not a good way to start off the new year??

2008 was an interesting year to say the least. It was a time of stretching, growth, questions, joy, tears, pain, answered prayers, hope, excitement, confusion, opportunity... I left my job with FCA. I packed up and left Texas, not knowing what was next. I spent the summer traveling and serving. I have gotten to spend real, quality time with my family.

I don't like to make resolutions. Probably because I am not a huge fan of New Year's (don't ask me why??) and because I have never truly kept a resolution that I have made. I have set some goals - some measurable, some not. Below are a few:

* Memorize 2 scriptures a month - Last year God placed an amazing woman and mentor in my life. We memorized new verses every week. It was so awesome to hide His word in my heart and helped me to stand on the truth when things got tough or when I was being attacked by the enemy.

* Become a true woman of prayer - This one is not really measureable. I have to be honest and say sometimes my prayer life disgusts me. I get lazy. There are so many things that I should continually be on my knees pleading with God for or simply just worshipping Him for who He is.

* Train for half marathon - I trained for a half marathon a couple of years ago. Right before the race I broke my ankle...ugh! I'm not sure when or if I will actually get to run in a race since I am leaving for Mexico soon, but I still want to train for one so that I can build up my endurance and get back into "running" shape.

More than anything I pray I am open and available to what He has in store for me and make the most of every opportunity He puts before me. I hope you all have a blessed 2009!!!

No comments: